Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hyderabad-to-JogFalls

SMS : “dude we are planning an escape. r u ready?”
REPLY: S, Ready :-)

You may be thinking When? Where? With whom? I was not having any questions in my mind at that time. I sent a reply saying ready for the escape. bcz fond of hanging out with friends :-)

After two hours got a mail saying we are a group of people going to Jog falls and nearby places. “So, where the Jog falls is?” Then opened Google maps get the directions from Hyderabad to jog falls, it is just 750 km only. No direct bus. So explored the possibilities of nearest places to reach Jog. Finally got bus Kesineni Volvo the only bus from Hyderabad to Mangalore. Basically I do not like bus journey. But here I left with no other choice.
I have booked the ticket from Hyderabad to Batkal 750km@1200rs although I have to get down at Honavar. I am able to finish my office work and boarded bus at Mehdi patnam at 6:30pm. Woke up at 6:00 am and was watching the beauty of Konkan roadways. I could see very few people on the wayside. Got down at Honavar@6:30am and started to jog by KSRTC@8:00 am after my breakfast.


Drizzling all the way and bus was taking hairpin curves with double engine powers trying to mount Western Ghats of India. After two hour of passage from Ghats reached my destination Jog falls.

It was heavily raining still jumped out of bus and ran towards shelter before I reach my raincoat got wet. I am at Western Ghats in monsoon season without an umbrella; it is not a good idea right? So, let me buy one. I met my buddies who came from Bangalore.

woooow. Jog falls.


253 meters height water fall superb view.
Most beautiful waterfalls of India: The Jog falls.
There I could see 4 large falls and besides to that 3 more falls. It is like collection of waterfalls fantastic view. I can’t take my eye off(my camera too). I have enjoyed the view of falls often covered by mist and clearing.
I love you Jog falls, see you my dear.



Suggestion/ Cautions:
Better to visit in monsoon season (August,Sep, oct, Nov) to feel the beauty of falls.
Food is available as Karnataka/udupi styles.
No signals for mobiles other than BSNL.
Very low frequency for public transportation so, better to hire vehicle.
My friends’ monkeys are there. So, be careful about the food in your hands :-)


For more info please ref: wiki

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey g8t naresh..u r damn lucky ,i had gone to jog falls in the month of july last year..but no water only in the falls..:(:(..keep rocking like this...next time i will send SMS..ready for that...:):):)